Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Morning Hangover Week 15: Worst Day Ever


By S. James Hyland - InReeseWeTrust.com 12/21/10

I’m not going to say much because this game speaks for itself.  After a weekend of hardcore drinking, I was more than prepared to drink whatever it took for the Giants to win.  And for about 50 minutes, I was doing Yeoman’s work packing down about 10 beers.  Everything was going great.  I was even having joking text messages with my Eagles fan friends.  My favorite was when Andy Reid didn’t challenge the Maclin fumble and I wrote, “What will happen first this year: Andy Reid wins Coach of the Year or Andy Reid wins Father of the Year?”  But everything collapsed after that.

I could then blame what happened on Woody because it was at that moment that he ran out of beer so he popped open a bottle of wine, just so we’d have something to drink.  Maybe the Eagles took advantage of slip up.

I’m honestly too pissed off to write about the disaster that happened after that.  All I’ll say is that when they kicked off to Jackson, I watched him avoid the first few tackles, then when I saw him get to about the 10 or 15 and there was no one near him, I literally chugged what was left in my drink, took my jacket and left.  I didn’t say goodbye to any of the other 7 people that were in the room.  Actually the first time I saw Jackson actually cross the endzone was Monday morning.  I had no idea that he ran along the goal line until then.  Then I walked into my house, didn’t say hello, went to my bedroom and just sat in darkness.  Probably the worst feeling I’ve ever had during the regular season.  I haven’t felt this bad after a game since the damn San Fran game, and I’m not gonna go into what happened there.

It’s gonna be real interesting to see what happens from here on out, but one thing’s for sure: I’m gonna need to drink a lot to forget about that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro Football Talk