Friday, April 23, 2010

InReeseWeTrust.com Exclusive Interview with Stonybrook RB & NFL Draft Prospect, Conte Cuttino

By InReeseWeTrust.com 4/23/10

1. At what point in your collegiate career did the NFL become a true possibility?

The NFL has always been in my sight, since I first began playing ball as a kid. I guess you can say the confirmation that I have the skills and ability to be an NFL player came my freshman year of college. I had success early on, and began starting games the middle of my freshman year. It did not take long for me to know that I had the ability to succeed at the higher level. 

2. What running backs did you idolize growing up? 

OJ Simpson, Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders. Those were some of the guys I watched as a little kid and their highlight tapes, and I took a little bit of all their talents and combined it into my own running style. 

3. What was it like growing up in a household with two correctional officers as parents?

Very strict. It helped me to be very disciplined, and prepared me for the scrutiny and criticism from coaches. 

4. What is your story behind attending Stonybrook?  Did you have other offers elsewhere?  Was Stonybrook your first choice?  

I really wanted to go to a school down south, somewhere warmer and well known. Originally, I had verbally committed to James Madison University, but they withdrew from signing me because they ended up getting a different, unexpected recruit. That's when Stony Brook came into the picture. Stony Brook sold me on the fact that I would be able to play immediately my freshman year, and their growing football program

5. Were you always a running back in high school?  

Yes. I played some corner and safety, but mostly running back. I ran track and did the hurdles during the offseason. 

6. Did you ever think in your wildest dreams, that you would break Stonybrook’s all time rushing record?  

Absolutely. I always dream big and stay focused. 

7. As a young player with potential to go into the NFL, what is your reaction to the suspension of Ben Roethlisberger?  

“With great power comes great responsibility.” Ben Roethlisberger is in a position to influence other people’s lives, either directly or indirectly, and any athlete should handle himself appropriately. 

8. If you had competed at a higher level in college, do you feel like you would be considered one of the elite running backs in NCAA along with Toby Gerhart and Mark Ingram? 

I definitely believe so. My pro day numbers show that I am among the elite running backs in this year’s draft and I have the abilities to compete on a higher level. If you compare my pro day results to the running backs from the NFL combine, this is how I match up: 

4th in the 40-yard dash (4.45)
T-2nd in Vertical Jump (40.5”)
1st in Broad Jump (10.7’)
1st in 3-cone drill (6.33)
1st in 20-yard shuttle (4.05)

Coming from a D1AA program, I’ve had to do everything that much better and have numbers that are impressive enough to interest scouts.  I’ve kept a clean background history and have been a great collegiate athlete at Stony Brook University (I have a 2.9 GPA). I pray that the scouts can see past the school I come from and recognize my honest talent. 

9.  What would be the first thing that you buy after signing your first professional contract? 

A new wardrobe. 

10. Tell me something about yourself that you would like people to know.  

That I am a dedicated, driven, talented athlete that bleeds this sport and is willing to learn any and everything to better my game and give my best to my team. My desire to play in the NFL and succeed in it is very strong. I am a player that plays with a chip on his shoulder and always is out to show up the competition. I am a blue collar player that gets the job done no matter what.




For more information on Conte Cuttino, go to www.ConteCuttino.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro Football Talk